Fix Heartbleed OpenSSL Bug on Wamp
Plugging OpenSSL Bug on Wamp
If you are running a WAMP server and using OpenSSL you need to make sure you update OpenSSL to latest version.
Go to filippo.io and enter your site URL to see if your site is VULNERABLE.
Do not worry if it is, it’s not difficult 🙂
How to Fix Heartbleed Bug on Wamp
- You need the latest version of OpenSSL for Windows (64 or 32)
- Go to the Win32 OpenSSL Website (there are 64 bit or 32 big versions)
- Be sure to download the latest version (v1.0.1g) light is better because you don’t need all files.
- Run installer and make sure you have already installed Visual C++ 2008 Redistributables (32 bit or 64 bit)
- During installation you will be asked to select bin dirctory path, default selection will be windows. Select in install directory and continue installation.
- Once the software is installed you need to stop wamp services and go to install directory and open bin directory.
- Copy following files:
- and paste files in D:\wamp\bin\apache\Apache2.x.x\bin\
- Start Wamp Services.
That’s it, pretty easy huh?
Testing your site for the Heartbleed Vulnerability
Now you can go to filippo.io and check your site for SSL vulnerabilities.
: Use of undefined constant rand - assumed 'rand' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /var/www/bcstatic-com/wp-content/themes/ribbon/single.php
on line 35