In this round-up we gatherd some pretty awesome Free Photoshop actions of 2013 for every day use of photographers. Any photographer that uses Photoshop will understand how time-saving the Photoshop Actions feature can be. Unlike common brushes used for editing, Photoshop Action is more convenient and easier to use. With a simple click of the ‘Play’ button will allow you to adjust the entire image automatically depending on the specific effect. You can even find the Instagram Photoshop Filters to make your photos look like in the app filters effects. Photoshop actions are useful add-ons for providing additional image effects that in just a few clicks.
Collection of Photoshop actions can save them in their time of need. I have searched Photoshop actions collection from search engines and i did the awesome actions collection for you.
Before we get to the list, I just wanna talk about how you can install and run Photoshops actions on your photos.
How to install and run a Photoshop action
- Decide on a Photoshop action that you wish to try out, find the download link for the file, and store it onto your machine.
- Double click the atn file that was saved on your computer (sometimes you’ll get a zip file. Extract the contents and you’ll find your atn file there).Or
- start Adobe Photoshop, locate the Actions panel at the right sidebar of your window. Hit the downward arrow at the top, rightmost corner. Scroll down to “load actions” and browse for the atn file you’ve downloaded and select it to load.
- Open up the image you wish to run your Photoshop action on.
- At the ACTIONS panel, locate your loaded action (there might be extra, default actions that come with the Adobe Photoshop installation).
- Select the action and hit that little play button (►) at the bottom of the panel (third icon from the left).
- Sit back and watch things take their course =). Once done, you’ll have a brand new photo with a brand new effect.
I just wanna point out that not all actions work perfectly on all images. Some actions work better with specific contrast or brightness values, so don’t be disappointed if your photo doesn’t turn out like the one you saw in the preview image. For best results, try to pick a photo that roughly looks like the original example photo (the before photo) on the actions page.
50 Free Photoshop actions for amazing photo effects
Head over to the download page!
If you have any Photoshop actions that you’d like to share with us, or if you have tried any of the ones listed above leave us links in the comments below so we can check’em out!